There are a variety of ways to stay connected at Robert Eagle Staff Middle School!
- The Raven’s Call Newsletter: Current Newsletter. Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter
- Facebook: Friends of Robert Eagle Staff Middle School PTSA
- Twitter: EagleStaffPTSA
- Text: Text Ravens to 555888 to subscribe to the list to get weekly messages of important events. (Para textos en español, escriba cuervos al 555888.) You can stop at any time by texting STOP to 555888. We expect to send about four messages per month. Message and data rates may apply.
Read Below for Officer Biographies
- Co-Presidents: Lexy Relph & Emily Wong(firstname.lastname@example.org)
- VP Fundraising: Lisa Voigt Garms (email@example.com)
- VP Events: Francis Janes (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Secretary: Camille Heinen (email@example.com)
- Co-Treasurers: Hilary Patrick & Marisa Taylor (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Technology Chair: Parmeshta Jain (email@example.com)
- Newsletter: Monica Payson (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Membership Chair: Jessica Fuller (email@example.com)
- Volunteer Coordinator: Peggy Padua (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Safe Routes to School/Transportation: James Dailey (email@example.com)
- Spirit Wear Coordinator: Position Available
- ASB (Associated Student Body) Teacher Lead: Ms. Lowe (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Board Member Officer Biographies
Lexy Relph, Co-President
Lexy Relph was new to the world of PTSA prior to becoming a founding member and co-president, but has a long history of volunteerism, including five years on the PEPS board of directors prior to joining the Eagle Staff MS PTSA. In 2018/2019, during her second year in the co-president role, she has a 7th grader and an 8th grader at Eagle Staff MS. Lexy is also a coach for the Eagle Staff MS Ravens JV Ultimate Frisbee team in both spring and fall seasons, and works as a sustainable building consultant/mechanical engineer as her ‘real’ job. In her free time, Lexy can be found (or, ideally, not found) hiking, camping, or wandering in the mountains and forests of the PNW.
Emily Wong, Co-President
Emily Wong is mom to a 7th grader and a 5th grader. She has served in a variety of volunteer roles at her kids’ schools (including PTA) and in the community for a long time. Previously, Emily worked as a Program Manager at Seattle Public Libraries managing Adult Basic Education, and Immigrants & Refugees programs and services. Her current work focuses on supporting minority businesses. She likes to travel, cook, hike, and dabble in various craft forms.
Lisa Garms, Co-Vice President/Fundraising
Lisa Garms is serving a second term on the Eagle Staff PTSA in the role of VP Fundraising. A PTA lifer, she has held school board positions for the past eleven years. She’s been honored to be a part of Eagle Staff’s inaugural year. She has an 8th grade son.
Francis Janes, Co-Vice President/Events
Francis Janes is the proud dad to a daughter in grade 6 at Eagle Staff. He formerly served as Treasurer at the Parkwood Elementary PTSA. Currently, Francis works as the Social Justice Program Manager at the International Living Future Institute – a global environmental non-profit based in the Bullitt Center on Capital Hill. Prior to his current role, Francis worked in the banking sector for a decade. He enjoys cooking, gardening, biking, science fiction and following the Mariners and Vancouver Canucks. He was born and raised in Canada and therefore still a huge hockey fan.
Hilary Patrick, Co-Treasurer
Hilary Patrick has two awesome 7th grade girls. Both are actively involved in a variety of sports including, softball, soccer, running, skiing, ultimate frisbee… and the list goes on. She decided to get involved with the Eagle Staff PTSA because she sees the importance of Parent/Teacher involvement in the development of our kiddos. She believes that there is so much that we can do to advocate and provide an inclusive and great learning environment for our kids by just getting involved. She’s excited to work with a great group of people (parents and faculty) and to be able to provide input on a variety of school related-decisions. Professionally, Hilary works as an HR Manager for a health care company and in her free time, she runs, plays and just hangs out and enjoys what comes her way!!
Marisa Taylor, Co-Treasurer
Marisa Taylor served as PTSA co-treasurer last year and is excited about returning in the same position for the 2018-2019 school year. She has a son in 7th grade. You may recognize her from the Greenwood Fred Meyer as she works there part-time in the Click List department. In her free-time she enjoys cooking, reading, and traveling.
Camille Heinen, Secretary
Camille Heinen is the proud mother of two daughters: a 7th grader at Eagle Staff and a 5th grader at Bagley. She served as a founding PTSA board member in the role of secretary last year. Professionally, Camille works as a part-time software developer at an insurance company. She gained previous board experience while she served as secretary on the board of directors of PEPS. In her free time, she likes cook, garden, crochet and cheer on her favorite teams, the Mariners and the WSU Cougars.