Friends of Robert Eagle Staff Middle School PTSA – Annual Report 2017-2018
Thank you for a great first year!
Our PTSA has been working since last spring to build our organization, develop community, advocate for student safety, and provide for unmet needs at our school. We are proud of our first year in which we:
- Sponsored intro to school events in September
- Held parent education events including a cyber-safety presentation, and screening of Angst
- Brought spirit wear to the school and funded efforts to be inclusive
- Organized parent volunteers for activities and events, including lunchtime games table
- Advocated for safe routes to school and crosswalks
- Supported and engaged with the school administration to address gaps
- Funded the gap for field trips for all students
- Funded library, makerspace, and classroom needs
- Engaged more than 75 volunteers to help build our school community
We will be supporting additional activities through the end of the school year, such as new student outreach, 8th grade promotion, and bike to school month in May.
Thanks to our generous community, we raised over $60,000 this year, with over 40% participation. Link to Budget Report.
Please help us plan for next year, by answering this short survey before May 11 about our spending and activity priorities, as well as to provide your ideas and feedback. We need your input to ensure we are meeting our goals and mission. Here’s the SURVEY LINK.
If you would like to volunteer for a board position or a committee role, please let us know. Our community’s commitment makes our school a great place for our students to learn, thrive, and succeed.
Your 2017-2018 Eagle Staff MS PTSA Board
Lexy, George, Camille, Lisa, Jelena, James, Marisa, Monica, Jeannette