Robert Eagle Staff offers many fun student activities throughout the year including before- and after-school programs run by the Boys and Girls Club, a top-notch music program, seasonal sports, ASB student government, and a variety of extracurricular clubs and electives such as dance team, STEM classes, or art. Read the weekly newsletter, The Raven’s Call, to learn about opportunities available to your student as they arise, and see below for contact information for regular programs.
Boys & Girls Club Programs
The Boys & Girls Club offers a morning program every day of the week that opens at 7:00 a.m. and runs until the beginning of school. Families can pay $100/month or $10/day for the drop-in option. To register, contact Tim at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 206.225-9915.
The Boys & Girls Club offers a drop-in after school program every day of the week to all Boys & Girls Members and runs from after school – 6:00 pm. The cost of a membership is $50 and lasts the whole year. To register for the drop-in program: Go to North Seattle Boys & Girls Club. From the “Programs” link, select “Become a Member.” Then, select “Eagle Staff Teen membership.”
For more information about the Boys & Girls Club offerings, read this handout, Boys and Girls Club Programming at RESMS, or contact Tim Batten-King, Teen Director, email@example.com, 206.225-9915.
Visit the FORESMA page to learn about Eagle Staff’s five band and three orchestra ensembles.
Eagle Staff offers several sports options for students throughout the year. Sports forms are required to play and are available in the office, or you can find them here. Tryouts for teams take place in the fall, winter, and spring and will be announced in the weekly newsletter, The Raven’s Call. Each sport generally offers a varsity and a junior varsity team. For more information specifically about Ultimate Frisbee, visit www.Ravensultimate.com or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Soccer (Girls)–Tryouts and practices begin in September.
- Ultimate Frisbee (Co-ed)–Tryouts and practices begin in September. There is a 6th grade team and a 7th/8th grade team.
- Basketball (Girls)–January through March; JV and Varsity teams.
- Basketball (Boys)–January through March; JV and Varsity teams.
- Track (Co-ed)–Track is a no-cut sport so there are no tryouts. Everyone who wants to join the team is welcome! Twice-weekly practices start in March with 4-5 meets on Saturdays.
- Soccer (Boys)–Tryouts & practices begin in March. JV & Varsity teams.
- Volleyball (Girls)
- Ultimate Frisbee (Co-ed)–Tryouts in February; twice-weekly practices generally begin after mid-winter break. There is a 6th grade team and a 7th/8th grade team. The season runs through mid-May with games played on Saturdays (in 2019).
The ASB is the RESMS Student Government. All students of all grades are welcome to participate. Types of work the group focuses on include planning spirit weeks, assemblies, and student activities, and school climate and culture.