Registration opens October 9th and will run until November 14th for the Stone Ave. Snowsports ski bus program. We will communicate how to register through Raven’s Call and on the ski bus Facebook page. New to ski bus and have questions? Email Michelle Peters at [email protected].
After registration closes, we will hold a family and student meeting to go through everything and expectations.
A few things to note:
1. We will NOT be offering lessons through Mohan Ski School this year. If you want to arrange for your child to get lessons, they can purchase transportation through ski bus and then they’ll have to get to their lesson on their own when we arrive at the Summit at Snoqualmie.
Ski bus will be transportation only. Cost: $300/student.
2. We will be getting 2 buses through Snow Sports Consulting Service. The program will be capped at 80 students.
3. The season will run Jan. 12th — Feb. 16th. We depart right after school at 4 PM and we will stay at the ski area until 9:15 PM this year, leaving and heading back to school by 9:30 PM, putting us back at RESMS around 10:45 PM.
4. All students will be required to sign a behavior/expectations contract before being part of the ski bus.
Stay tuned through the Raven’s Call newsletter and on the RESMS Ski Bus Facebook page.
What Should You Do Now?
Wait for registration to open, make sure you have your student’s ski pass for the Summit, or have a plan to purchase a reloadable ticket card for the weeks we will be up there. Pull out last year’s ski gear to check that everything still fits and/or secure rentals. Our family usually does this in the first couple weeks of October. Seattle Ski & Snowboard is a great option not far from our neighborhood.
Questions? Email Michelle at [email protected].
RESMS needs someone to take on leadership of the Reflections program for our kids this year. Additional volunteers are needed to support the efforts as well.
Middle School Students submit their completed works of art in one or all of the available arts categories: Dance Choreography, Film Production, Literature, Music Composition, Photography, Visual Arts. Program details are located here: https://www.wastatepta.org/events-programs/reflections/
Robert Eagle Staff Middle School’s fall/winter musical theater production is Matilda The Musical, Jr.! Please stay tuned for more details.
Audition form due: 9/15
»Sign up here to audition for an acting role. Backstage roles are available, too!«
Find out more about Matilda The Musical, Jr. at the show page.
Auditions start at 4 PM on:
- 9/25, 8th grade call backs
- 9/26 and 9/27, 6th and 7th grade call backs
Rehearsals: 10/3/23 — 1/18/24
- Tuesdays: 4–6 PM
- Wednesdays: 2:45–6 PM
- Fridays (review day): 4–5:30 PM (no Fridays in January so not to conflict with ski bus)
Actors’ Tech Week: 1/8/24 — 1/12/24 (tentative)
Tech Week: 1/16/24 — 1/18/24 (tentative)
- 1/20, 7 PM
- 1/21, 3 PM
- 1/23 or 1/24, 7 PM
The Math & Puzzle Club is a place to explore mathematical topics that are often outside the standard curriculum. We argue about logic puzzles, learn counting and probability through board & card games, explore geometry by building strange shapes, watch movies about mathematics, and hear from adults who use math in their work and hobbies.
We also participate in local and national math competitions. This is a chance for students to really challenge themselves and solve complicated puzzles that use grade-level mathematical skills. Competition Math is excellent preparation for high school & college mathematics, as well as the SAT & ACT. Competition participation is optional.
The Club meets on Mondays after school until 5:30 in Ms Rubio’s classroom (173), starting October 2, 2023. Math Competition practice will be held on Google Meet, on Wednesdays 4–5:30 starting October 18th.
Please email Coach Nick at [email protected] if you have any questions!
Math & Puzzle Club is for Everyone. No advanced mathematics experience is necessary.