Robert Eagle Staff Middle School offers many fun student activities throughout the year including before- and after-school programs run by the Boys and Girls Club, a top-notch music program, seasonal sports, ASB student government, and a variety of extracurricular clubs. Read the weekly newsletter, The Raven’s Call, to learn about opportunities available to your student as they arise.
Associated Student Body (ASB)
The ASB is the RESMS Student Government and supports the school’s culture. The group focuses on planning spirit weeks, assemblies, and student clubs and activities.
ASB will meet on Thursday before school in room 361. All students from all grades are welcome to participate in ASB.
Clubs can be developed at any time. Please reach out to Ms. Lowe at [email protected] to get a club going. As clubs start to form for the 2023–24 school year, we will list more details on this page.
Boys & Girls Club After School
The Boys & Girls Club at Eagle Staff offers a drop-in after-school program every day of the week and runs from after school — 6:00 pm. The cost of a membership is $50 and lasts the whole year. For more information about the Boys & Girls Club offerings, contact Tim Batten-King, Teen Director, [email protected], 206.225‑9915.
Math & Puzzle Club
The Math & Puzzle Club meets on Mondays after school until 5:30 in Ms Rubio’s classroom (173), starting October 2, 2023. Math Competition practice will be held on Google Meet, on Wednesdays 4–5:30 starting October 18th. Learn more about the club or contact [email protected] for more info. The Math & Puzzle Club is for Everyone. No advanced mathematics experience is necessary.
Learn all about Eagle Staff’s five band and three orchestra ensembles at FORESMA’s website.
Learn more about Matilda The Musical, Jr., this year’s musical theater production.
Eagle Staff offers several sports options for students throughout the year. Before students are allowed to try out and participate in school athletics, parents and students must fill out and virtually sign their online FinalForms. Students must also submit a current pre-participation physical form (good for two years). Physicals can be scheduled before, during or after school at the health clinic at Eagle Staff. Once the physical form is filled out, you will need to attach it to your student’s FinalForms account.
Tryouts are announced at school and in the weekly newsletter, The Raven’s Call.
- Soccer (Girls)–Tryouts are Monday, Sept. 18, 2023 from 4–6 PM and Thursday, Sept. 21, 2023 from 4–5:30 PM. Practices are Mondays and Thursdays. Games are on Saturdays.
- Ultimate Frisbee (Co-ed)–Tryouts are Tuesday, Sept. 19, 2023 and Friday, Sept. 22, 2023. Practices are Tuesdays and Fridays from 4–5:30 PM. Games are on Saturdays. If anyone is interested in participating in ultimate frisbee this school year, please complete this survey. For more information about ultimate frisbee, visit www.ravensultimate.com or contact [email protected].
- Basketball (Girls)–The season runs January though March. Games are on Saturdays.
- Basketball (Boys)–The season runs January though March. Games are on Saturdays.
- Track (Co-ed)–Everyone who wants to join the team is welcome! Twice-weekly practices start in March with 4–5 meets on Saturdays.
- Soccer (Boys)–Tryouts and practices begin in March. Games are on Saturdays.
- Volleyball (Girls)–Tryouts and practices begin in March. Games are on Saturdays.
- Ultimate Frisbee (Co-ed)–Tryouts are in February; twice-weekly practices generally begin after mid-winter break. The season runs through mid-May with games played on Saturdays.