Robert Eagle Staff Middle School offers many fun student activities throughout the year including before- and after-school programs run by the Boys and Girls Club, a top-notch music program, seasonal sports, ASB student government, and a variety of extracurricular clubs. Read the weekly newsletter, The Raven’s Call, to learn about opportunities available to your student as they arise.
Associated Student Body (ASB)
The ASB is the RESMS Student Government and supports the school’s culture. The group focuses on planning spirit weeks, assemblies, and student clubs and activities. ASB meets on Thursdays at 8 AM with Ms. Lowe (Room 361).
Clubs can be developed at any time. Please reach out to Ms. Lowe at [email protected] to get a club going.
Current clubs for the 2023–24 School Year, more may be added:
The team meets on Mondays from 4–5:30PM in the Fitness Room with Ms. Rubio.
The club meets on Wednesdays at 8AM with Burrell (Room 361).
Dungeons & Dragons Club
The club meets on Tuesdays at 4PM with Eisenreich, Knoerlein, and Smith (Room 255).
Global Issues Club
The club meets on Thursdays at 8AM with Ms. Reddy (Room 174).
Math & Puzzle Club
The club meets on Mondays after school until 5:30 in Ms Rubio’s classroom (173), starting October 2, 2023. Math Competition practice will be held on Google Meet, on Wednesdays 4–5:30 starting October 18th. Learn more about the club or contact [email protected] for more info. The Math & Puzzle Club is for Everyone. No advanced mathematics experience is necessary.
Boys & Girls Club After School
The Boys & Girls Club at Eagle Staff offers a drop-in after-school program every day of the week and runs from after school — 6:00 pm. The cost of a membership is $50 and lasts the whole year. For more information about the Boys & Girls Club offerings, contact Tim Batten-King, Teen Director, [email protected], 206.225‑9915.
Learn all about Eagle Staff’s five band and three orchestra ensembles at FORESMA’s website.
Learn more about Matilda The Musical, Jr., this year’s musical theater production.
Eagle Staff offers several sports options for students throughout the year. Before students are allowed to try out and participate in school athletics, parents and students must fill out and virtually sign their online FinalForms. Students must also submit a current pre-participation physical form (good for two years). Physicals can be scheduled before, during or after school at the health clinic at Eagle Staff. Once the physical form is filled out, you will need to attach it to your student’s FinalForms account.
Tryouts are announced at school and in the weekly newsletter, The Raven’s Call.
- Soccer (Girls)–Tryouts were Monday, Sept. 18, 2023 from 4–6 PM and Thursday, Sept. 21, 2023 from 4–5:30 PM. Practices are Mondays and Thursdays. from 4–5:30 PM. Games are on Saturdays.
- Ultimate Frisbee (Co-ed)–Tryouts were Tuesday, Sept. 19, 2023 and Friday, Sept. 22, 2023. Practices are Tuesdays and Fridays from 4–5:30 PM. Games are on Saturdays. If anyone is interested in participating in ultimate frisbee this school year, please complete this survey. For more information about ultimate frisbee, visit www.ravensultimate.com or contact [email protected].
- Basketball (Girls)–Tryouts are Thursday, Dec 7, 2023: 4–5:30PM and Friday, Dec 8, 2023: 4–5:30PM The season runs January though March. Games are on Saturdays.
- Basketball (Boys)–Tryouts are Monday, Dec 11, 2023: 4–5:30PM and Tuesday, Dec 12, 2023: 4–5:30PM. The season runs January though March. Games are on Saturdays.
Boys Basketball Tryouts
- Track (Co-ed)–Everyone who wants to join the team is welcome! Twice-weekly practices start in March with 4–5 meets on Saturdays.
- Soccer (Boys)–Tryouts and practices begin in March. Games are on Saturdays.
- Volleyball (Girls)–Tryouts and practices begin in March. Games are on Saturdays.
- Ultimate Frisbee (Co-ed)–Tryouts are in February; twice-weekly practices generally begin after mid-winter break. The season runs through mid-May with games played on Saturdays.